Do you need help applying for financial aid?
Between October and June, L.A. Cash for College helps to coordinate FREE financial aid completion workshops throughout the Los Angeles area as part of a statewide campaign to increase awareness of and access to student financial aid programs. These workshops help students navigate financial aid application forms so that they can obtain the financial support needed to pursue their college dreams.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Driver's license, if you have one
- Social Security Card or number, if you have one
- Alien registration number, if you have one
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) - yours or your parents'
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) number, if you have one
- List of colleges you are interested in attending
- Parents' Federal Income Tax Return form, if applicable*
- Parents' W2s and other records of money earned, if applicable*
- Student's Federal Income Tax Return form, if filed
- Student's W2s and other records of money earned
- Current bank statements, records of investments and assets
*Students who were in foster care, or were a dependent or ward of the court, at least one day after the age of 13 may qualify for “Independent Status” for the purposes of the FAFSA and the CA Dream Act and do not need to report their parent or guardian’s information. Neither legal guardians nor foster parents are considered parents when completing the FAFSA or CA Dream Act.
All high school seniors and college students who need help applying for financial aid!
Remember: The FAFSA and CA Dream Act Application must be completed by March 2 to receive priority consideration for state and federal financial aid, including grants, scholarships, loans and work-study opportunities.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER OR HOST A WORKSHOP:
Volunteers are needed to support workshop organizers and attendees (student applicants and their guardians) and host workshops.
Sign up for a Financial Aid Completion Workshop!
Visit www.cash4college.org* to find the Financial Aid Completion Workshop nearest to you, and get free help completing your FAFSA, CA Dream Act application or Chafee Grant application. *A list of upcoming workshops can be found in the left-hand column.