What to Bring to a Financial Aid Completion Workshop:
- Driver's license, if you have one
- Social Security Card or number, if you have one
- Alien registration number, if you have one
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) - yours or your parents'
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) number, if you have one
- List of colleges you are interested in attending
- Parents' 2017 Federal Income Tax Return form
- Parents' 2017 W2s and other records of money earned
- Student's 2017 Federal Income Tax Return form, if filed
- Student's 2017 W2s and other records of money earned
- Current bank statements, records of investments, and assets
Complete this handout to help you get ready to file the FAFSA!
Remember: the FAFSA and CA Dream Act Application must be completed by March 2nd to receive priority consideration for state and federal financial aid, including grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study opportunities.
Find a Financial Aid Workshop near you!
Visit www.cash4college.org to find a Financial Aid Workshop closest to you and get free help completing your FAFSA, CA Dream Act application, or Chafee Grant application.